Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reality

It's been exactly one week since I returned from my adventures in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia. As much of the big "mo" I had going upon my return, it quickly faded into the reality of the job situation....tough, tough and tougher.

Overall my trip went well and I still have a few prospects sitting out there in Kentucky. There are definitely more options back East due to an increase in population, but with an increase in population comes a tougher applicant pool. Time will tell if something works out, but I did everything I needed to do to talk to as many people as I could. I was fortunate to have two interviews to go along with all the network connections I made.

I was informed today I wasn't quite as qualified as the position in Atlanta required. Yet another disappointment. As intriguing as moving to Atlanta sounds, it would have made things tough on my family and myself. It is still a shot to the confidence when each opportunity that has potential comes back with the results you didn't expect. I've had tremendous feedback on my resume so I'm beginning to wonder if my interview skills need some work. It's been a work in progress since being thrown into this situation but I've felt good about my presentation and ability to answer questions candidly. Clearly there's something missing and as a friend of mine told me from the beginning, don't focus too much on the resume, work the network and work on the interview. So, I think I have some work to do.

With the massive amount of free time on my hands I've been honing my skills as an actor. I think I may have hit it big with my latest gig...

http://www.poptent.net/media/9620

Thanks to my friends at Adams, Hull & MacCluer for inviting me to be a part of the shoot. I'm a budding star for the 2 seconds I'm on camera. Watch out America.

No comments:

Post a Comment